* Almost half (44 percent) of all violent civilian deaths after the initial invasion phase occurred in the just-ended year.More here.
* Mortar attacks that kill civilians have quadrupled in the last year (from 73 to 289).
* Massive bomb blasts that kill more than 50 people have nearly doubled in the last year (from 9 to 17).
* Fatal suicide bombs, car bombs, and roadside bombing attacks have doubled in the last year (from 712 to 1476).
* One in 160 of Baghdad's 6.5 million population has been violently killed since the beginning of the war, representing 64 percent of deaths recorded so far.
Tuesday, March 20, 2007
The War & Civilians: Bloody Benchmarks
Iraq Body Count reports that the fourth year of the war was by far the worst for violence against Iraqi civilians: