Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Hot Flash: N.Y. NOW Disses Ted Kennedy

In a press release that so perfectly plays to negative feminist stereotypes that I first thought it was a fake, the New York State chapter of the National Organization for Women excoriates Senator Ted Kennedy for endorsing Barack Obama.

An excerpt:
"We are repaid with his abandonment! He's picked the new guy over us. He's joined the list of progressive white men who can't or won't handle the prospect of a woman president who is Hillary Clinton."
Click here for the full statement.

To their credit, the feminist bloggers whom I regularly read are as mindblown by NOW-New York's hissy fit as I am.

Ann's reaction at Feministing is typical:
"Wow. This is completely unhinged, and frankly, mind-boggling. . . . All I can say is, NOW-NY does not speak for me. And it does not speak for all feminists."
Why am I left with the impression that these sob sisters would back Lucrezia Borgia if she was running instead of Hillary because . . . well, you know, she's not a man?

No comments: