Monday, July 03, 2006

The World Cup & That Satisfying Feeling

Too many World Cup matches have left me with a bitter taste in my mouth, usually because of knuckleheaded officiating.
But the matches between England and Portugal and France and Brazil left me feeling elated. I wanted England to win, but it lost fair and square. While I was impressed by Brazil's style of play, I wanted France to win and it did fair and square.
Ah, that satisfying feeling.

My picks from here on out:
Germany over Italy and France over Portugal in the semi-finals.

Portugal over Italy for Third Place.

France over Germany for the World Cup.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, being one of those American troglodytes who prefer football & basketball (go HEAT!) and couldn't follow soccer if I had a gun to my head, I'll go with you with France to win it all.

I may not know anything about soccer, but I spent my student year abroad in France, so I've got to support the only home team I've got left in the game!