Thursday, May 15, 2008

Of Candidates & Norwegian Blue Parrots

One of the funniest Monty Python skits ever takes on new meaning.
Customer: Look, matey, I know a dead parrot when I see one, and I'm looking at one right now.

Pet-shop owner: No, no he's not dead, he's -- he's resting! Remarkable bird, the Norwegian blue, isn't it, aye? Beautiful plumage!

Customer: That parrot is definitely deceased, and when I purchased it not half an hour ago, you assured me that its total lack of movement was due to it being tired and shagged out following a prolonged squawk.

Pet-shop owner: Well, he's, he's, ah, probably pining for the fiords.

Customer: (Takes parrot from cage, bangs its head on counter, lets it drop to floor.) Now, that's what I call a dead parrot.

Pet-shop owner: No, he's stunned! . . . You stunned him, just as he was wakin' up! Norwegian blues stun easily, Major.

If you don't get the point, matey, click here.

No comments: