Wednesday, April 02, 2008

A Blogger Gets a Well Deserved Kudo

One of the stranger aspects of the blogosphere is how you get to know people that you've never actually met.
Case at hand is Bill Roggio, a nonpareil military blogger who when not off hoofing around Iraq or Afghanistan lives an hour's car ride away from me. We'll surely meet someday, but in the meantime the always helpful and self-effacing Bill has been a terrific information source for me – and I am sure many other bloggers, too – by email and telephone.
That is why I was delighted to see that Columbia Journalism Review has given Bill and his Long War Journal blog a terrific and well-deserved write-up that speaks volumes about how people like him are redefining journalism -- and war coverage in particular -- in ways that could hardly be imagined a few short years ago.

1 comment:

jj mollo said...

I second that. I hope you've been reading his blog.