Monday, June 16, 2008

Happy Anniversary To Us

I had vaguely known the Dear Friend & Conscience for about 20 years before a mutual friend passed away. Some 11 years ago today, we met at his "going away party," as Tom referred to funerals, and have been together ever since.

As her nickname implies, the DF&C has been a radiant presence who brings out the best in me and lets me feel her Itwegian wrath when I don’t try to do my best. (An Itwegian is a cross between Italian and Norwegian.)

From the bottom of my heart, Thank You, My Love.

Photograph by Ray Nichols of Wallflowers Press

1 comment:

Cernig said...

Nice one, Shaun. Many happy anniversaries, my friend. May the wind always be at your backs, the sun in your faces and you be in heaven two weeks before the Devil notices you both gone (trad. Irish blessing).

Regards, C