Friday, November 24, 2006

Further Reflections on Thanksgiving Day

I was a little tough on Thanksgiving in a post yesterday. I wouldn't necessarily change a word, but a couple hours of cell phone time did give me a different perspective.

Between the DF&C and I, we called a 10 or so family members and friends from Buffalo to San Diego.

The friend in Buffalo was cooking dinner for his mother, sister and a houseful of kids and grandkids. The friend who lives on a ranch out in the Utah desert was cooking dinner for his girlfriend and a bunch of archeologists who study the ancient Pueblo ruins in the area. The friends in San Diego, who are brothers, were cooking dinner for their surfer buddies.
All said the same thing in their own way: Don't worry. Be happy.
So I was. And I am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home