Friday, November 24, 2006

Further Reflections on Thanksgiving Day

I was a little tough on Thanksgiving in a post yesterday. I wouldn't necessarily change a word, but a couple hours of cell phone time did give me a different perspective.

Between the DF&C and I, we called a 10 or so family members and friends from Buffalo to San Diego.

The friend in Buffalo was cooking dinner for his mother, sister and a houseful of kids and grandkids. The friend who lives on a ranch out in the Utah desert was cooking dinner for his girlfriend and a bunch of archeologists who study the ancient Pueblo ruins in the area. The friends in San Diego, who are brothers, were cooking dinner for their surfer buddies.
All said the same thing in their own way: Don't worry. Be happy.
So I was. And I am.

5 comments:

Barbara Nimmo said...

Hey there! I stumbled upon this blog post while exploring interesting topics, and it got me thinking about the power of effective search strategies. Looking forward to your insights and any recommendations you might have!
can i use my walmart gift card for gas

Ashlee Rolfson said...

Hello there! I stumbled upon this thought-provoking blog post while exploring reflections on Thanksgiving, and it got me thinking about the upcoming holiday season.
frugalishness

Timothee Lambert said...

"Your blog has become my daily ritual for staying informed and inspired. The diversity of topics you cover keeps things interesting, and your passion for sharing knowledge is contagious. Thank you for being a constant source of enlightenment!"
Newberg Drive in Codes

Abigale Huels said...

"Your blog is a breath of fresh air in the crowded online space. The authenticity and passion you infuse into your writing make it a joy to read. Thanks for being a reliable source of both information and inspiration!"
https://savingcentstogether.com/promotions/parcel-pending-promo-code

Edvin Berg said...

"Your blog has this wonderful blend of expertise and approachability. It's evident that you know your stuff, yet you have a way of making readers feel welcome, regardless of their level of familiarity with the subject. Truly impressive!"
Childcare Vouchers