Tuesday, June 09, 2009

'Public Remnants Of A Dream'

YOUR BLOGGER AND THIS BLOG'S NAMESAKE
I don't blog for the attention, let alone the money, which is a good thing since my numbers are comparatively miniscule and I don't make a cent because I turn down all requests to advertise. So I was going to let a modest milestone pass unmentioned -- that Kiko's House has now logged 250,000 visitors in its three and a half year history and is closing in on 400,000 page views -- because some blogs generate those numbers in the course of a few hours.

But I'm going to mention it because of a story revealing that of the 7 to 10 million blogs, "95 percent of blogs [are] essentially abandoned, left to lie fallow on the Web, where they become public remnants of a dream -- or at least an ambition unfulfilled."

I actually would have guessed the percentage to be even higher. And no, I don't plan on abandoning blogging anytime soon.

1 comment:

S.K. said...

Good for you Shaun, I look forward to the day when you add another zero to the Kiko's House 'logged visitor' count. Your work (and words) here are very much appreciated.
Steve