New Jersey: Life in the Weird Lane
Published twice a year, Weird N.J. is an homage to my notion that New Jersey is indeed a really special place. If you know where to look.
A recent issue included stories on:
* Traction, er . . . Action Park, a former amusement park best known for the deaths and crippling injuries that resulted from its dangerous rides.For more info, including how to subscribe to Weird N.J., buy weird stuff and check out other weird links, go to www.weirdnj.com
* Where famous occultist Aleister Crowley’s ashes are scattered.
* Unusual cemetery headstones.
* A walkway made entirely of VHS tapes.
* Famous state ghosts.
* UFO sightings
* The strange tragedy of the Morro Castle.
* The most least traveled road in the state.
* Former World War I munitions plants.