Friday, October 08, 2010

An Idea Whose Time Has Come

The DF&C uses our everyday car, and because she works out of the mountain retreat many miles from my weekday abode, I usually have had to go grocery shopping and run errands on my mountain bike or prevail on friends for a lift.

Until now.

The university with which I am affiliated recently added Zipcar to its employee perks. Zipcar is a for-profit, membership-based car sharing company (the largest in the world, in fact) that enables me to use one of their hybrid-powered rides by the hour ($8) or the day ($66).


Zipcars are in parking lots throughout our sprawling campus and all it takes to access one is to make an easy online reservation.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Does this mean no more joint shopping trips? How will I know when to buy groceries?

Shaun Mullen said...

Oh, no.