Thursday, December 03, 2015

When There's Nothing Else To Say About Mass Shootings In America . . .


I can’t bring myself to write about it again, so I’ll hand off to my friend Will Bunch, who writes:  
"Today’s news is stunning and heartbreaking -- just as it was heartbreaking in Newtown, or just last Friday when three people were murdered in a mass shooting at a Planned Parenthood clinic in Colorado, or when our fellow citizens were slain at the movie theater, or in their workplace or college classroom,or place of worship. I pray for the departed and for all of their loved ones.
"Beyond that, I don't know what else to say. I really don't. I've written this same damn blog post too many times, and I'm sick of it. How many ways can you say the same thing? This afternoon, I reviewed a decade of Attytood posts about mass shootings. All of what I wrote then is just as valid today."
It's sadly evident that Americans and too many of their so-called leaders are okay with "the new normal."

No comments: