Thursday, January 04, 2007

Photography: 'A Triple-Edged Sword'

Cambodian Musician
Steve Goodman, whose beautiful photography is oft featured at Kiko's House, is profiled at Black Star Rising, a cool new photography blog.

An excerpt:
"With my photography I try to reveal what I see and how the world is, but it’s a triple-edged sword. Firstly photographs serve to show how things are outside of us. Secondly they help to reveal how things are inside of us. I am never responsible for whatever feelings and emotions that may be stirred within someone who sees one of my photos - that becomes part of their own individual and private experience. Thirdly, just as a movie reviews often reveal more to us about the reviewer than about the movie being reviewed, sometimes my photos are more revelatory about who I am than they are about the particular subject at hand."
More here. To check out Steve's photo blog, click here.

No comments: