Monday, August 13, 2007

'I Wanna New 9/11' Bykofsky Backpeddles

Stu Bykofsky, a former colleague at the Philadelphia Daily News who broke the dog-days torpor of last week with an outrageous column stating that another 9/11 terrorist attack would unify America, has now predictably backpedaled.
Some 2,000-plus emails and nearly 100 voicemails tend to have a clarifying effect.
Stu now writes that :
"I led my column saying, 'I was thinking another 9/11 would help America.' I was speculating on the effect of an attack, not calling for it. Later I said I had no doubt terrorists are planning to attack us again. 'If it is to be, then let it be.' I am resigned to an attack, not calling for it.' "
Sure, Stu, sure.

Stu may not be standing his original comments, but I'm standing by mine.

No comments: