Friday, June 09, 2006

A Drag Queen Impersonating a Fascist

We’ll I’m gonna break another rule and this one also involves a blonde.

I had sworn that you’d never read a peep about Natalee Holloway, America’s favorite missing slut, at Kiko’s House but succumbed in a smarmy June 1 post, Lure of 18-Year-Old, 5-Foot-4 Blonde Cutie.

Stop me before I do it again! Oh, never mind. I also swore that you’d never read a peep about a disgusting blonde sack of excrement by the name of Anne Coulter. But Andrew Sullivan is so spot on in a Daily Dish post that I can’t help myself:
[T] he problem with Coulter is that she is a form of camp, is she not? The minute you take her seriously, you lose grip on her reality. She's not a social or political commentator. She's a drag queen impersonating a fascist. I don't even begin to believe she actually believes this stuff. It's post-modern performance-art. I think of Coulter in that sense as more at home on the pomo-left than the Christianist right (which is why the joke, ultimately, is on the Republicans who like her). Devoid of sincerity, detached from any value but performance, juggling rhetoric for its own sake, she is Stanley Fish's model student. Half the time, I tend to think that a Hannity or O'Reilly or Malkin actually believes their own rhetoric. With Coulter, I don't believe it for a second. And so her vileness cannot be taken seriously. She is worse than vile. She is just empty.

No comments: