Saturday, October 11, 2008

Arugula Eaters Unite!

I want to make it clear that I have been eating arugula since long before a rookie presidential campaigner by the name of Barack Obama forever branded this spicy salad green as politically incorrect when he tried to sympathize with a group of farmers before the Iowa caucuses by declaring that
"Anybody gone into Whole Foods lately and see what they charge for arugula? I mean, they’re charging a lot of money for this stuff."
In fact, I began growing arugula when Obama had barely taken the training wheels off of his bicycle. Arugula tastes great, is less filling, is over the top nutritionally, grows like a weed, and as John Schwnkler explains in a delightful commentary, it also helps keep a guy's pencil sharp, if you catch my drift.

Hat tip to Andrew Sullivan at The Daily Dish

No comments: