Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Blog Awards & Worshipping False Gods

This just in: I have an ego.

While I try to keep it under control, I would be kidding myself -- and you, Dear Reader -- if I did not acknowledge that one reason that I blog is that I like to think that I have something to say.

That so noted, I always have been ambivalent about awards, and while I have a closet full of them from a long career in journalism, I display only one: A dreadful bronze bust of Benjamin Franklin sculpted by Warren Burger that I received in the early 1990s from the former Supreme Court chief justice (and very amateur sculptor) on behalf of a court reform group for an investigative project on Philadelphia's dysfunctional court system. The bust sits in a place of honor between my rubber chicken and the cat's litter box.

Nevertheless, I am honored that
Kiko's House has been named a finalist in the Best Liberal Blog catagory of the 2007 Weblog Awards, the biggest of its kind . . .

Oh sh*t! The guy running the awards ran out of fingers and toes or something and miscounted the number of finalists, so Kiko's House has been bumped way down into an obscure catagory called Best of the Rest of the Blogs.

Anyhow, your vote would be appreciated. Click here to do the deed. Vote early and often -- but only once day. Voting ends tomorrow.

No comments: