Friday, September 16, 2011

I Could Care Less . . . But


I could care less if Sarah Palin had a one-night stand with a basketball player when she was a sports broadcaster back in 1987.

I could care less that the player was future Miami Heat star Glen Rice, who was playing for Michigan and was in Anchorage for a tournament.

I could care less that 6-foot-7 Rice is an African-American.

I could care less that Rice is said to have confirmed the tryst for Joe McGinniss for
The Rogue: Searching for the Real Sarah Palin, his forthcoming book.

I could care less that she broke a cardinal rule of journalism in sleeping with one of her sources.

I could care less that the future half-term governor was seeing future husband Todd Palin at the time and is said by friends to have freaked out when she realized what she had done.

I could care less if she and Rice continued their relationship through telephone calls.

I could care less if the salacious allegation was being aired by a less scrupulous reporter than McGinniss, who rented a house next to the Palins while researching the book.


But I do care because Sarah Palin, who endlessly preaches abstinence and has raised hypocrisy and obfuscation among politicians to new heights, remains a contender for president of the United States.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't care less about all these things. I care even less than you!