Wednesday, March 30, 2011

A Modest Milestone For Kiko's House

BLOGGER AND BLOG NAMESAKE
Big blogs record 5000,000 visitors in the course of a few hours, while it has taken Kiko's House some six and a half years to reach that milestone.

We're certainly not in it for the money (no ads accepted evah) or the glory (cough, cough), but rather to scratch our writerly itch, accept faint praise and an occasional tongue lash ing fromreaders in some 155 countries, as well as Milwaukee.

While I occasionally get depressed over the state of world affairs, that world is seldom boring and it's a bottomless well of stuff to blog about.

So we'll continue scratching for the foreseeable future.

-- Love and Peace, SHAUN MULLEN

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been reading your blog regularly for...well, I'm not sure how long. 4 years at least. I can't say that about more than a handful of other blogs. I enjoy every aspect of yours: the musings on politics, the book reviews, the links to great photography and cartoons.

I believe this is my first comment here, though I've been tempted to leave them in the past. Perhaps I should have, because as someone who has tried maintaining a few blogs in the past, I know how nice it is to get an acknowledgment from somewhere out there once in awhile.

So consider this a very late acknowledgment, and one full of appreciation. Thanks so much for the great reading, and congrats on the milestone!

Shaun Mullen said...

I really appreciate the kind words and, for what it's worth, like reading that you enjoy the book reviews since they take a good deal more effort than just blathering about the latest political outrage.

Best wishes, Shaun