Saturday, February 05, 2011

May The Farce Be With You

Call me un-American or something, but I'll be will be missing the Stupid Bowl again this year, a decision made easier because there is no teevee at the mountain retreat and a thug by the name of Ben Rothlisberger, who should be spending tomorrow working off a public-service sentence at a soup kitchen and not tripping the Field Turf fantastic in Dallas.

In fact, I can't remember the last Stupid Bowl that I watched, in part a function of my onetime fave Philadelphia Eagles reliably breaking my heart and the Joe Flacco-powered Ravens not having quite put together the combination that will keep them playing into February.

This pretty much leaves the ridiculously overhyped Stupid Bowl commercials as the only attraction, and they seldom fail to disappoint. A marvelous exception here.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I agree, that was the only good commercial. Although, the Prarie Dog was good.