Sunday, February 24, 2008

Sunday Kitty Blogging

China Cat Sunflower was one of my two first very own kitties (as opposed to all of the critters my family had when I was growing up.) He and his sister, Dire Wolf, also were the first two of several runts of the litter that I brought home over the years. My runts always grew up to be marvelous and loving companions -- okay, to the extent that cats will show affection -- although Wolf's runt-related congenital health problems shortened her life considerably.

China Cat was a first-rate mouser, and I don't think there was a rodent left standing in the neighborhood by the time we moved away. Here he is perched atop my refrigerator in a 1974 photo, a favorite spot from which he could watch the squirrels cavorting in a big oak tree in the back yard.

2 comments:

ThePoliticalCat said...

That is a very charming feline. Does the use of past tense indicate that you are currently bereft of feline companionship? Because, you know, your local shelter will soon be overflowing again (goddammit!).

Shaun Mullen said...

Bereft we are not. Current two critters -- both rescues -- and counting.