Wednesday, July 11, 2007

'I Hope People Don't Judge Me Too Harshly'

A four times-married British woman has wed a son of Al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden after meeting him on holiday and plans to apply for a visa so that he can visit the U.K.

Jane Felix-Browne, a 51-year-old grandmother and parish counselor from Cheshire, had kept her marriage to Omar Ossama bin Laden, 27, secret from everyone except her immediate family and close friends.

She told The Times of London:

"It would be nice if, like any other married woman, I could stand up and say this is my husband and this is his name, but I have to be realistic about things. I hope people don’t judge me too harshly. I married the son, not the father.

"I just married the man I met and fell in love with – to me he is just Omar,” she said. “I hope that people will take a step back and think what it was like when they fell in love. He is the most beautiful person I have ever met. His heart is pure, he is pious, quiet, a true gentleman, and he is my best friend."
Felix-Browne Bin Laden in Egypt in September while undergoing treatment for multiple sclerosis. She says that their fairytale romance began when her future husband saw her riding a horse near the Great Pyramid. They were married in Islamic ceremonies in Egypt and Saudi Arabia and are awaiting permission from the authorities in Riyadh to make their marriage official.

What about the matter of her father-in-law having a $25 million bounty on his head?

"Omar is wary of everyone. He is constantly watching people who he feels might be following him. Not without reason he is fearful of cameras. He is the son of Osama. But when we are together he forgets his life."

No comments: